I teach the following courses at the Atlantic School of Theology. In addition to covering the basics for graduate-level survey and language requirements, I try to offer a representative rotation of courses from the three parts of Tanakh: the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings.
Hebrew Bible (Fall 2017): One of two requirements in the Biblical Foundations series, this course surveys the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament and explores its historic role as Jewish and Christian Scripture.
Christian Doctrine and the Old Testament (Summer 2017): An exploration of the relationship of scripture and theology through the study of recent approaches to the OT as a source for Christian Doctrine.
The Book of Genesis (Winter 2017): A study of the histories of Genesis that seeks to understand the book’s foundational role as scripture from antiquity down through the present day.
Previous Courses Taught
Tyndale University College, 2008–2016
- Old Testament Scripture (BSTH 101)
- The Pentateuch (BSTH 310)
- Genesis (T&I: RLGS 321)
- The Ten Commandments (T&I: RLGS 311/BSTH 321)
- Jonah/Micah/Nahum in the Book of the XII (T&I: RLGS 314)
- Psalms (T&I: RLGS 326/BSTH 314)
- Ecclesiastes (BSTH 315/440)
- The Fate of the Dead (BTT: RLGS 445)
- Canon and the Rule of Faith (BTT: RLGS 446)
- The Old Testament at Christian Scripture (BTT: RLGS 448)
- Creation and the Old Testament (TOBITH: BSTH 440)
- Forgiveness (TOBITH: BSTH 440)
- The Historical Geography of Israel (RLGS 307/BIBL 060)
- Directed Study in: Leviticus (RLGS 450)
- Honours Thesis in Religious Studies I & II (RLGS 497 & 499)
- Introduction to Biblical Hebrew I & II (HEBR 201 & 202)
- Readings in Biblical Hebrew I & II (HEBR 301 & 302)
University of St Andrews, 2005–2008
- The History and Religion of Ancient Israel (PG Tutor)
- Scripture and Theology Seminar (PG Coordinator)
CPLS College Preparatory School, 2002–2004
- Classics of Western Literature (9th grade)
- U.S. History (10th grade)
- Moral Philosophy: Truth, Beauty, Goodness (11th–12th grade)
- Political Philosophy: Liberty, Justice, Equality (11th–12th grade)
- Creative Writing (12th grade)
- Yearbook (9th–12th grade)